Thursday 1 November 2012

Halloween - A Bloody Good Night

This isn't particularly writing related but it's creative and imaginative so it still counts.
So, yesterday was Halloween (one of my favourite holidays ever) and that means dressing up! Now being me I always go all out when it comes to costumes and this was no exception. I had originally intended to go as a zip-face but I had no latex and sadly it just didn't work out. Instead I went as a gory burn victim. Or as someone who died in a car crash. Or who got caught in a chainsaw massacre...


I love doing make-up and face painting, and fake blood is just the best. My recipe is lots of golden syrup, some red food colouring, and a spoonful of Nutella. So not only does it look great it tastes great too! Which is good, as it was dripping down my face and into my mouth all night. Yummy! I used PVA glue to create scabby, flaky skin. And boy, did that hurt to get off. It was actually like pulling off my real skin, and it was in my hair - ouch! I was so sticky for the whole evening. Although it was worth it because a lot of people looked freaked out when they saw me and said that it was a good costume/make-up. I get really annoyed when I see people dressed as slutty cats. It requires no effort. And it's not like a cat is even the best Halloween animal out there. What about a slutty bat, or slutty wolf?
I have considered doing movie make-up before as a career, but how do you get into that? I would love to do the make-up for some horror film or something like Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, imagine doing all the dwarves' make-up! I imagine you have to be a make-up artist first but I don't care about making people look pretty, I want to make them look outrageous!
Oh well. I'll stick to writing for now but you never know where the future may take me!


No comments:

Post a Comment