Tuesday 30 October 2012

Gothic Book Covers

I was pretty bored tonight. It wasn't like I didn't have anything to do -  I have so much work to do, it's unreal - I just couldn't be bothered to do any of it. So what do I do when I procrastinate  I draw! Well, this is kind of the same, it's arty at least. Instead of doing any writing, which is what I should really be doing, I designed some covers for my ECP. (Read the First Draft now!) I don't know what to call my ECP; I've just named it Scribe for now. I'm not a Photoshop genius even if I'd like to be, so these were only designed on Microsoft Word.




You can probably tell some of the themes from these covers, at least I hope you can. Obviously, as it's do with Edgar Allan Poe I have some ravens. The second one features everybody's favourite: The Red-Faced Man. The second and third cover actually feature the same bookcase as the background but you can't really tell. The first one has a large manor house as the background, this is to do with the creepy house that the spirit-thingy of Edgar Allan Poe lives in. I haven't decided yet but the name of the house may be either Otranto House, Villa Belle Rive, or Villa Diodati. Otranto House has been taken from one of the first Gothic novels entitled The Castle of Otranto which seemed fitting for my story. The other two are variations on the house that Mary Shelley, Lord Byron and others stayed in one summer and is the birthplace of the story Frankenstein. 

Overall, my ECP is coming along quite nicely. I have written another 3,000 words and now have over 6,000! I have sent a second draft to my supervisor so let's see what she thinks next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment