Thursday 5 July 2012

Reading Questionnaire for Teenagers

Here is a questionnaire I've come up with as part of some research for my dissertation. It's to see what teenagers are interested in reading. I am planning on going to my old school and handing it out to a couple of students but in the meantime I thought I would post it here and see what you guys are interested in. I would prefer teenagers/young adults to fill this out but if you're older and still want to fill it out try and do so with a teenagers mindset.

So here we go!


Gender: Female     Male

Age:

I am a keen reader (choose one)…
Strongly Agree        Agree         Neither Agree or Disagree       Disagree      Strongly Disagree     

Favourite book/book series:

Favourite author:

Favourite genre (choose one):
Action/Adventure     Comedy     Horror     Romance     Mystery     Sci-fi     Supernatural/Paranormal Graphic Novel      Fantasy      Drama     Other (please state)

Least favourite genre (choose one):
Action/Adventure     Comedy     Horror     Romance     Mystery     Sci-fi     Supernatural/Paranormal Graphic Novel      Fantasy      Drama     Other (please state)

How do you decide on what to read?
Book cover     Blurb    Author     Recommended by a friend    Book reputation     Part of series    Saw the film adaptation     Other (please state)

Do you prefer reading books (choose one)…
In First Person (I)    or     Third Person (He/She/They)
In Past Tense     or    Present Tense
With Happy Endings     or    Sad Endings      or      Ambiguous Endings
With Male Protagonist      or     Female Protagonist  

Further Comments…

3 comments:

  1. Gender: Female

    Age:20

    I am a keen reader…
    Strongly Agree

    Favourite book/book series:The Mortal instruments Series, The saga of Darren Shan, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride.

    Favourite author: Darren Shan, Cassandra Clare, James Patterson

    Favourite genre:
    Action/Adventure, Romance, Fantasy

    Least favourite genre (choose one):
    Horror, Mystery, Sci-fi, Drama, Other: Chick Lit, Crime

    How do you decide on what to read?
    Blurb, Part of series, Other: First page of the story i.e If I like the writing style.

    Do you prefer reading books…
    Third Person
    In Past Tense
    With Happy Endings
    I prefer Female Protagonist but I do also like some male protagonists

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gender: Female 

    Age: 16 at the end of this month.

    I am a keen reader (choose one)…
    Strongly Agree

    Favourite book/book series:
    I don't often read series, but Harry Potter will always be my favourite.

    Favourite author: Kurt Vonnegut, Jodi Picoult, Rowling.

    Favourite genre (choose one):
    Mystery/Horror/Crime, Romance, Drama, Supernatural/Paranormal, Fantasy

    Least favourite genre (choose one):
    Action/Adventure, Sci-fi (not that I dislike these genres - I love them in television shows and movies, but not so much books)

    How do you decide on what to read?
    Blurb, Author, Other: Like the other person said, I ALWAYS read the first page or so to get a feel of the writing style.

    Do you prefer reading books (choose one)…
    Third Person (He/She/They)
    Past Tense
    Any kind of ending really, I don't have a preference (though happy ones are nice)
    Male Protagonist (most books I come across have a female protagonist. It gets boring after awhile, though I don't mind it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could have been better if this questionnaire was done via Google forms where the information of those who answer are kept private by you. You will always have the preference to place here sample answers to inspire others to do the same as well.

    Writing a Psychology Essay Conclusion

    ReplyDelete